Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thoughts and Presentation.

Tonight is my turn to present my final project AKA all about my blog. I am really excited and not nervous at all. Great now I am a little nervous! I am excited and want to share with you one of my last Observation Projects... To share our thoughts about the night sky after we have had the class. I will probably blog once or twice more. =( Also I made an 88 on my last TEST. which is the awesome.

I am so glad I have taking this class, I have learn a lot about our sky. When I first took this class I knew nothing about the night sky. I did not know constellations or even cared about them. All I knew about Astronomy was that we had some planets and stars and we lived in the Milky Way Galaxy. After taking this class I have learned so much! I know that stars are different colors depending on where they fall on the H-R diagram. I know all about the layers of the sun, different galaxy types, and even about some of the space missions NASA has had. I think the most helpful learning tool in this class was something I was dreading the most, the Observation Projects. I learned so much from doing those and I am really glad I stuck this class out. At the beginning I was really thinking about dropping it because I just did not think I could do it. I am glad I did not, because I have enjoyed this class a lot more then my other one. The night sky really does look different to me, and now I get bummed if it is not a clear night. I may not know all the constellations but I do get excited when I can point one out and know how to look them up if needed. I do have a greater appreciation of our sky, planet, galaxy, and universe after taking this class. My major is Elementary education and I hope that someday I will be able to share what I have learned in this class with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment